Monday, November 9, 2009

Lucy, I'm Home:
One of my family's Thanksgiving food traditions is a delicious gelatin salad made with fresh cranberries. It's a recipe that was handed down to me by my best friend Penny Ventura*.
I hope you'll give it a try. I know you'll love it as much as we do!

Penny’s Cranberry Salad
1 package (3 ozs) strawberry Jello
1 can (small like tuna) crushed pineapples, well drained
1 cup boiling water
1pkg fresh strawberries, cut-up
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup pecans halves that have been cut up
1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, quartered
Dissolve Jello and sugar in boiling water. Add cranberries and let set for 20 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix pineapple, strawberries, and pecans. Add cranberry mixture and refrigerate overnight. Transfer to a pretty bowl (or to hollowed-out orange halves or hollowed-out pineapple half) and serve.

*After a courageous three-year-seven-month fight, Penny died of ovarian cancer on December 27, 1993. To find out more about the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation, please CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment