Friday, October 30, 2009

Purt Near Perfect:
I was trying to explain to a friend of mine why I schedule time to create. After a long conversation, I knew she would understand better if I shared with her a book I love, "a practical guide" called "The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It For Life" by Twyla Tharp. When mundane things fill my day, I've often experienced a sort of artistic writer's block. It seems that my mind gets so full of "things to do" and "daily chores" that I can't let go of the lists and produce even a straight line! So when I need to get off dead center, I use some of the creative exercises suggested in this book to jump-start my brain cells. I could never-ever be a Twyla Tharp (only in my dreams!) but simply reading about how she lives outside the box helps me shake myself and open my mind... it's like Boot Camp for creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment