Monday, October 5, 2009

Whistle While You Work:
"With her backpack as her favorite tool, Mimi travels throughout
the United States discovering new motifs to paint en plein air."

Sounds romantic, doesn't it? While I do love working with natural light, I don't love painting outside. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything more painful... the bugs, the sweat, the squinting, the lugging, the inconvenience of it all. I say throw out the pochade box! Give me an over-stuffed cushion on a cozy couch, a great big tabletop, an electrix halogen lamp, layers of shelving stacked with art supplies, immediate access to files and art board, the loo and a sink right around the corner, music at my fingertips, AC or heat as needed, and I'm a happy camper!
(Pictured above is Henri Matisse at work in his bed!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment