Tuesday, August 25, 2009

September's Pick:
I'm very close to my youngest sister, but physically we're very far apart -- she lives in Northern California, I live in North Texas. We plan trips together and visit as much as possible, and we call and email each other depending on the dramas swirling around in our lives. Currently we have become members of a two-person book club that meets via telephone every Saturday morning around 9:00 am. It has been stimulating, thought provoking and downright fun to discuss books with her.

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett is her pick for September. I know, I know, this book was written in 2002... why, you might ask, am I just now getting around to reading it? I dunno, I guess I was busy in 2002. I have no idea what this book is about. Oh boy, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment