Monday, January 18, 2010

The Heart Whisperer:
I've been holed up in my room upstairs, keeping warm, painting A LOT, and listening to Christian Scott who fills my brain with energy and makes the hours fly. A song I love, love, love is Like This off his "Rewind That" album.
Along with being an amazing trumpeter, Scott is an artist, athlete, composer, fashion hound, Grammy winner, philanthropist, and twin. Born in New Orleans, Christin Scott has been heralded as "the architect of a new viable fusion." And not since Miles Davis have I been so taken in by a musician.
"By manipulating his breathing temperature and articulation, he can procure a sound unlike the trumpet and more like a whispering human voice." JazzTimes magazine
Can't wait for the February 2010 release of his new album, "Yesterday You Said Tomorrow." I'm sure it will be an 18-karat, barn burner!

No comments:

Post a Comment