Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jimmy, Oh Jimmy! Oh, What Joy:
How have I lived in Dallas for almost 25 years and not known about Jimmy's Food Store? It's at the end of lower Greenville off Bryan, so finding it was an adventure in itself! It was worth the drive though, and I'll be back time and time again. It's everything a small, neighborhood, Italian grocery store should be... and more. My senses were overloaded -- the smells, the sights, the tastes... I know I was in Texas but it felt like New York City. Jeff helped fill my bag with lusciousness: Piedmont Gorgonzola, Lombardy Taleggio, Provolone Sardo, Prosciutto Di Parma, Mortadella with Pistachios, Porchetta (yum!), Sopressata, Cannolis, and fig preserves. My next visit will include a dip into their unbelievable wine selection... and maybe I'll sign up for one of their weekly wine tasting dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment