Friday, September 25, 2009

A Thing of Beauty:
Hello, it's my birthday and I've got a babysitter for tonight. My friends are taking me "anywhere I want to go." Just getting out of the house and spending an evening in adult conversation will be special enough (Little M has been sick this whole week), but celebrating a birthday allows one to be completely selfish and gives license to do exactly what one wants to do. I think we'll inbibe and have appetizers at Cafe Toulouse first [my drink: Pimm's Cup; my picks: Humboldt Fog, honeycomb, nuts & fresh figs; Wild Mushroom Vol-au-Veni; Lobster Bisque; Green Room Mussels; and Grand Marnier souffle] and then see a movie -- specifically "Bright Star" -- Jane Campion's Cannes winning, beautiful film about John Keats and Fanny Brawne... I can't wait!!! "A thing of beauty is a joy forever..."

No comments:

Post a Comment