Friday, March 19, 2010

A Winking Eye & Winking Stars:
I've been "on the go" these past few months, every day and weekend packed with places to visit and people to see... Getaways and Retreats, Mini-cations and Obli-cations. I was looking forward to working in the yard this weekend but because rain and cold weather are in the forecast, looks like I'll be doing lots of nothing... well, maybe some gumbo making, painting, and book reading!

I have been reading a lot lately -- in between all the going -- can you tell?! I go to bed with words racing around inside my skull and wake up with the sure knowledge that I've been dreaming in meter and rhyme. My feet stumble getting out of bed because my mind is so preoccupied that I can't gather a single message to tell them how to move. Something has definitely loosened my hibernating brain... which reminds me of a favorite quote:

"But then they danced down the street like dingledodies,
and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life
after people who interest me,
because the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live,
mad to talk, mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing,
but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles
exploding like spiders across the stars
and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop
and everybody goes 'Awww!'"
~ Jack "Ti Jean" Kerouac, On the Road

No comments:

Post a Comment